The ENT's office called with a date for a pair of ear tubes, a tonsillectomy, and adenoidectomy for Ryli and Landry. All we had to do was wait for insurance authorization. No big deal, right? Then I remember the Factor Five Leiden that I have. I call to inquire if that would be a problem, being that I didn't know if they had it as well. Tests were ordered, and they each bravely provided the techs with three vials of blood. A week later, the tests came back that they both had a copy of the gene. The ENT referred us to Children's Hospital.
The kids have been to their referral appointment. They got their hearing tested and both have mild hearing loss due to fluid in the ear canal, which should be alleviated with the tubes, so that is officially a go pending a visit to hematology. Ryli gets to keep her tonsils and adenoids, as the doctor believes that hers should go back to normal after she gets her tubes. Landry, on the other hand, is getting the tubes, tonsillectomy, and adenoidectomy after the consult with hematology. The thought is Ryli will be totally outpatient, but Landry will be in the hospital at least one night. My mom and/or Dacey will come up for the assist. No sense in doing them at different times, given that they can't eat after midnight. Why do that hassle twice?
I will also be having surgery in the near future. Uterine ablation, because being of child-bearing age and being on blood thinners for life is by no means pretty. I'm hoping to schedule that right before the kids get their various procedures done. That way, none off us will be 100%.
I'm going to try and post here more often. Hopefully the fates will align and that will become a reality instead of a threat.